Feeling hot under the collar? Here are 6 simple and easy ways to control the temperature settings in your home to help you save money this winter.
- Program your thermostat to turn up the heat in the mornings when you wake up and lower the temperature in the evenings just as you are going to sleep.
- If you are at work or school during the day, turn down the thermostat to help maintain a lower temperature. Fido won’t mind if the temperature is a few degrees lower!
- If you will be out for the night or away for the weekend program the thermostat to be lower than normal. If you can lower the thermostat for a few days straight, you will also save a little on the operation of your fridge and freezer. A word of caution, in the winter months, try not to lower it too much or your pipes will freeze and it will take longer to re-heat your home when you are back. Find a temperature that works best for you.
- The programming of your thermostat will be different on the weekend. Try to find a happy medium with your family. You could even try to reduce the heat 1 degree at a time for a week so everyone becomes accustom to the change.
- If you are throwing a party, turn the thermostat down. Your guests will feel more confortable and thank you for it.
- You can also invest in intelligent heating controls like The Nest thermostat. These types of smart devices will get to know the temperatures you like and when you like them, set custom programs and create a schedule for you. Plus they are mobile friendly so even if you forget to turn down your thermostat before you leave for work, you can control the temperature anytime, anywhere.
By following these simple tips, you will create a more comfortable living space and see energy savings on your next bill.
For more advice or information on managing your property, contact Kodiak Property Management today! Reach us by calling 306-522-6080 or email [email protected].