The cooler weather outside signals a change of season. Soon, winter will arrive keeping us indoors and catching up on our favourite Netflix shows. Here are 7 end of summer cleaning tips to help you get prepped and ready for the winter season.
- Change Furnace Filters: A clean furnace filter will capture dust, allergens and lint from the air passing throughout your home.
- Clean the Stove and Oven: Remove and wash stove grates, burners and coils with warm water and soap. Over time, grease can build up around the stove, increasing the chances of a fire.
- Check Fire Extinguishers: Check the expiration dates on your fire extinguishers. If they are expired, call your property manager immediately for a replacement.
- Replace Batteries in Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors: Test and replace batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors and make sure they are all working.
- Ditch the Dust: Dust your blinds, curtains, baseboards and bookshelves so when you do turn the furnace on, the dust won’t blow around.
- Re-set Thermostat: Turn off the air conditioning or remove it from the window if you have that sort and clean the filter.
- Retire That Summer Garden: Bring in any summer plants and trim back any plants that need to be prepared for the fall and winter.
Let Kodiak Properties manage your rental property today! Contact us by calling 306-522-6080 or email [email protected].