If you’ve just moved into a condo with a gym and you’re eager to get started with a new fitness routine, here are a few do’s and don’t for gym etiquette:
- Wipe down machines – After you’re done using a machine, do wipe it down. Be courteous.
- Don’t intimidate others – If you’re a pro and workout on a regular basis, don’t intimidate others with your grunts, winces, stares and self-talk. You may scare away gym newbies.
- Let others work in – While you are resting between sets and someone asks if they can “work in with you,” let them.
- Re-rack and don’t drop weights – Don’t leave your workout area a mess. Put things back in their proper places.
- Don’t talk on the phone unless you need to – Sometimes calls are unavoidable but if you need to take it, get off the machine and walk to a non-workout area. There is nothing more annoying than a person talking loudly on the phone at the gym.
- Dial down the perfume – Don’t wear heavy perfumes or cologne while working out. Some people are incredibly sensitive to strong smells and your scent may trigger headaches and migraines.
- Clean up your mess – When your workout is finished and you’re getting ready to leave, do make sure to clean up. Don’t leave your towel on the floor or tissues on the countertop.
- Keep the hair dryers for your head – One annoying habit for some folk is that they use the hairdryers for everything but the hair on their head. Be thoughtful for the person who has to use the hairdryer next.
Contact Kodiak Property Management today to locate a condo that is right for you! Get in touch with us by calling 306-522-6080 or email [email protected].