As our province continues to grow, residents seek new places to live, and developers continue to build in order to accommodate the expanding population.
Just take the City of Regina as an example. Regina is growing very quickly with new subdivisions being developed up all around the city in nearly every direction.
Now more than ever there is a need for a high quality property management company to look after the needs of owners and residents, particularly when it comes to specializing in condo living.
Kodiak Property Management is a local property management company that can help.
One chief concern of our owners and residents have, that is of particular importance, is security. Here are 5 tips that can help keep you safe:
- Follow the Rules: Know the rules, regulations and bylaws for a your condo rental. Kodiak Property Management will inform all tenants before move-in of safety measures that the condo development implements. This includes information required for security personnel, access to common elements of the building such as gyms, party rooms, patios and also explaining check-in procedures for guests.
- Follow All Guidelines for Authorized Guests: Do not let strangers into the building. Many condos have security personnel at the door that will accept sign-ins from visitors. Call security and advise them of any guests that may be visiting.
- Manage Keys and Access Cards: You may likely have a few keys and swipe cards for building use such as access to any exterior doors, your unit door, key cards for the gym and laundry facilities, and keys for your mailboxes or storage areas. Keep these secure at all times and do not loan them out to anyone. If you lose your keys, notify Kodiak Property Management immediately so we can take steps to replace missing keys and swipe cards and change locks depending on the circumstances.
- Always Cooperate with Security Staff: Never take matters into your own hands especially in a dispute or life-threatening situation. Call security immediately or in certain circumstance, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Notify Us Immediately: Call Kodiak Property Management immediately if security staff or if police have been called. It’s vital to keep us notified if something happens in your complex or unit so proper reports are filled, tracked and kept on file.
By following these few simple tips and guidelines, you and your fellow residents can enjoy condo living safe and sound. Kodiak Properties is the industry expert looking out for your best interest. Let us take the stress and worry out of owning rental property. Call us today at 306-522-6080 or email [email protected].