You’ve just moved into your condo. One of the keys to living comfortably is being smart about the space your have. With a few space-saving ideas and a little creativity, you can make your apartment feel like home.
Here are 8 great space saving tips for you:
- Get Rid of Your Pack-Rat Ways – Maximize your space by reducing clutter. That means reduce and recycle the amount of things you have including furniture and keepsakes. Donate items that you haven’t used in a long time and box up and store items that you don’t need immediately.
- Brighten Up – Lighter paint colours on the walls will make any room look larger. If you are purchasing new furniture, make sure they are in warmer, more neutral tones. Heavy dark furniture will make rooms look smaller.
- Lights On – Purchase floor lamps to brighten up the space if it lacks natural sunlight.
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall – Mirrors have a natural way of creating an illusion of space by reflecting light in a room. Find accent mirrors and hang them up on the walls.
- Less is More – If your condo has limited space, try to limit the amount of furniture you decorate with. One trick is to show as much floor as possible to create a feeling of space
- Stack it – Use shelving or bookcases for stackable storage to make the most of limited space.
- Kitchen Clutter – Remove as much food and appliances you can from kitchen countertops and store them in the cupboards. Free up shelf space to create a clutter-free space.
- Bathroom as a Sanctuary – Remove all bathroom products, make up and beauty products from the bathroom countertop and store in the linen closet or underneath the sink. This will de-clutter the bathroom and give your bathroom more space.
For more advice or information on managing your property, contact Kodiak Property Management today! Reach us by calling 306-522-6080 or email [email protected].